Friday, May 21, 2010

Who's at fault for the lack of NHS dental care?

The greedy Dentists? Or the Government?

Who's at fault for the lack of NHS dental care?
It's the government. I can see why people think it's the dentists, and I do agree that private treatment is over-priced. But any dentists that have changed from NHS to private have done so purely because the NHS won't fund for a lot of treatment that dentists want to do, and so the dentists don't feel that they are giving the best level of care to their patients and also feel very restricted to what they can do for them. The government will only fund for very very basic dental care, which often isn't good enough. If a dentist has chosen to see his/her patients privately it is so they can offer an unlimited range of treatment to their patients and, in doing so, become a better dentist. The only thing I do disagree with is how much they sometimes charge. Don't get me wrong; there are a lot of private dentists that are very fair with their charges. But for the ones that aren't, I think they should legally have limits as to what they can charge people.
Reply:The government without a doubt. There are dentists willing to do the work, and that have capacity to do the work...but the government will not pay them to do it!


I have an NHS dentist, although he is in a mainly private practise. The only reason he kept me on was because I have been a patient there for 22 years. my son had "only" been a patient for 18 years so lost his dentist! I am not getting the care I used to, I get check ups and basic work done, but I can no longer see the hygienist free, that would cost me almost a whole week's income!!! So much for improving care on the NHS!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net